Dominating Our Walls, Doors, and Beyond

Recently, an unfamiliar series of posters has been dominating the walls and doors of Wayland High School. Those posters are advertising the new robotics team of our school. On the webpage of Wayland First Robotics Team (waylandfirst.com), it says, “over the course of the last few months, the [team members], Max H., Mike P., Costas A., and Cam T. have been working with FIRST Team #97, the RoboRuminants.” They say that their experience with the organization, For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology (FIRST), motivated them to start a robotics team at Wayland High School.

The members designed their posters based on humorous quotes and photos. It seems as if they are trying to overcome the stereotypical view that “robotics are for geeks” by approaching students with a humorous attitude. With their motivation and enthusiasm to publicize, we see a bright future in Wayland First Robotics Team.

Robotics will become an industry so significant in our lives; personal robots may become as inseparable a part of our lives as computers are today. So why don’t we try out robotics, and get a preview of the machines that may dominate our walls, doors, and beyond?

$60
$1500