Exceptional concert expected on Thursday

There is going to be a special concert at Wayland High School on Thursday, May 15th, at 7:30pm. It is also going to be Ms. Jane Ezbicki’s last major concert at the high school before she retires.

Michael Goodwin, a professional singer, will perform “Nessun Dorma” (None Shall Sleep) with the Wayland High Orchestra. “Nessun Dorma” is an aria from the final act of Giacomo Puccini’s opera Turandot. It is one of the best-known tenor arias in all of opera.

Colin Fulton (class of 2008), will also perform “The Typewriter” by Leroy Anderson with the orchestra. He has a unique solo part that requires an actual typing of a typewriter.

In addition to these pieces, the orchestra will also perform “The Barber of Seville Overture” by Gioacchino Rossini.

The Sinfonia Orchestra plans to perform a selection.

Come watch this concert. It is truly a rare opportunity.

Additional information:

Michael Goodwin has sung all around the world and is a classically-trained opera singer. He has performed everything from opera to jazz to musical theater, and he is pleased to support his local high school in their arts program. He wishes to thank Jane Ezbicki and Aaron Rosenthal for the invitation to perform for the concert on Thursday. He also thanks Mrs. Ezbicki for all she has provided the music program over the many years. He believes that without music, life is just a bunch of standardized tests. “And that’s just not any fun.”

$60
$1500