As Democrats Struggle, McCain Prepares

Since February, seemingly every major headline has addressed the heated Democratic debates. It is now May, and the Democratic Party is still divided over its candidate for the 2008 General Election. Meanwhile, the Republican Party candidate was determined in early March. As the Democratic Party has torn itself apart, McCain has had the advantage of an unprecedented situation that gives him several distinct advantages:

The Democrats’ struggle does his work for him. As Hillary and Obama struggle to gain the upper hand, they reveal and critique each other’s weaknesses for the general public, a job the opposing party would normally have to do. As the Democrats fling dirt at each other, McCain can keep at a safe distance.

Secondly, McCain no longer has to spend valuable funding on the primaries. He can build his resources for the upcoming general election.

Finally, McCain and the Republicans can unite and strategize against the Democrats. Instead of wasting time in small primary states like West Virginia, McCain can tour for support in valuable swing states like Florida and Ohio, as well as talking with advisers to create a sturdy and cohesive set of principles for the approaching campaign.

The outcome of the general election this fall is far from certain; in fact I still believe the Democrats will defeat McCain. However, it is sure that they are not helping themselves with their ongoing indecision, and are giving McCain time to prepare.

$210
$1500