Obama inches towards nomination, but faces much bigger challenge

Due to recent events in the media involving Hillary Clinton’s remark about Robert Kennedy, it seems that Obama has almost clinched the Democratic nomination. Obama, who is ahead in the delegate count, needs fewer than 70 more delegates to clinch the nomination, and with recent events, it is seeming clearer that he will end up receiving the nomination. But with the nomination comes a much bigger challenge: Defeating Republican nominee John McCain, who already clinched the Republican nomination three months ago.

McCain, who swept the Republican primaries, has had time to prepare and campaign for the presidential election, while Obama and Clinton have torn each other apart, trying everything to eliminate the competition. However, many supporters of Clinton have clearly stated that if Obama ends up winning the Democratic nomination, they will turn to McCain. The same goes for the Obama supporters, if Clinton wins the nomination. So as the race heats up, it is looking to be quite a rousing fall election season.

I personally believe that McCain will end up winning, but who knows; surprises are not uncommon when it comes to a topic this intense.

$60
$1500