Rain, games, and chinchillas: METCO makes a splash

In spite of the rain and cooler than normal temperatures, the Annual METCO Cookout was still the place to be on Sunday September 28th. As usual there was spectacular food and toe tapping tunes from a reggae band. Family and friends from Wayland and Boston joined together in merriment. Children played games on the basketball court, made crafts in the hallways, and had their faces painted, while parents conversed about topics ranging from their children’s education, to the upcoming election.

Not only did children enjoy playing games, they were also entertained and educated by furry friends and scaly ones, too. The little children were treated to an animal show. The curious youth watched as the young lady brought a chinchilla, snake, alligator, lizards and other types of cool animals. Through all the fun, people made time to eat the delicious food set out by the parent volunteers. To top off the afternoon an unexpected guest, Mrs. Reid-Wallace, surprised the crowd. Mrs. Reid-Wallace has been on medical leave since the beginning of the school year, and she was welcomed with hugs and great joy.

Thanks to parent volunteers and custodial assistance, the day exceeded expectations. Can’t wait until next year.

$60
$1500