The humanitarian crisis of the Israel-Palestine conflict

Over the last few weeks, we have seen that the current casualties of the Arab-Israeli conflict are not the soldiers of the opposing sides, but their civilians. This is extremely unfortunate.

In the case of the Israeli side, although they try to avoid civilian casualties, their weaponry is like taking a blunt axe to do surgery. Of the 900 Palestinian dead (as of January 12th), some estimate that 25% of those casualties are civilians.

Because the Gaza strip is blockaded, hospitals are overwhelmed with patients, and supplies are always short. But Israel is not the only villain in this war. Hamas is intentionally sending long range rockets towards the cities and towns of Israel. These rockets disrupt the daily lives of Israeli citizens, destroying properties and lives.

Hamas is refusing to end the rocket attacks, despite the obvious cost it has on its own citizens in the Gaza Strip. Hamas operates rocket sites in dense urban areas, making it extremely hard for the Israelis to strike at them. The result of this is more civilian casualties.

In the end, it will not be the authorities who will pay for their actions. Average citizens of their respective countries will suffer. One can only hope that this conflict will end sooner rather than later.

$210
$1500