Senior parking spots for sale!

Starting Monday, June 8, senior parking spots will be on sale in the main office at 7:15. Students interested in purchasing a spot need to bring a check made out to Wayland High School for $220, which is $20 more than last year’s cost, to Mrs. Courchine. The school committee increased the fee to augment funding for the school system.

Purchasing the perfect parking spot seems to be a big deal for most juniors. “I’m planning on camping out the night before so I can be first in line on Monday,” said class of 2010 student, Molly Murphy. Students will go to great lengths to get a spot closest to the school and avoid the one tucked away in the back corner of the lot. Junior Sasha Pansovoy said, “It seems like I have some competition. I’m leaving my house at 6:45!”

Getting a “good spot” makes the hike to class from the parking lot less dreadful. “I’m always late to school, so a spot that’s too far away will not work for me,” says another junior who wishes to remain anonymous.

The parking spots will be chosen out of a hat. The best two rows of spots are put in first, and then when they are all taken, the next best rows are put in.

Caution: There will be a mad rush in the office on Monday, so stay clear of juniors on the prowl for a superior parking spot.

$210
$1500