WSPN Newsletter

Dear Readers,

It’s been a whirlwind of a first week here at Wayland High. A new class of freshman, a new vice principal, a new substance abuse policy, and an all new WSPN.

However, most of life on campus remains the same. Teachers have been readying their classes and dusting off their curricula (WSPN satellites have detected large drops of scantrons from spy planes passing over the science building), students are preparing to be academically challenged once again (code for loading up their Dunkin’ cards and practicing their stealth texting for classes), and underclassman parents are preparing for another year of blasting NPR early in the morning on the way to school (after the delightful battle of waking their sleeping beauties at 6 AM). As for the upperclassman parents… most of them raised the white flag long ago. Oh, it’s good to be back.

It’s been a busy crime -filled summer here in Wayland, so keep those browsers pointed at the completely-redesigned waylandstudentpress.com for our continuing coverage.  According to the Wayland Police Log on June 29th, two cows were reported loose by the pond on Rice Road, but only one was located. The WSPN Investigative Department will be using ALL available resources, including our satellites, to locate that rogue cow. AKA myself and two other undercover reporters will be masquerading as oreo cows in the woods near Henderson Farm, mooing, and planning stakeouts with premium organic grass from Whole Foods. Be sure to stay with us for continuing coverage. Also, according to our humor columnist Sam Boegehold, some town selectman have declared war on roadkill in town.

For those of you looking for the news, check out our new site for an interview with the new VP Bayard Klimasmith, a WHS class of ’87 graduate. WSPN also sat down with Principal Patrick Tutwiler for a discussion on the new substance abuse policy, where he walked us through the new policy, and dispelled the rumors that have been cropping up.

From all of us here at Wayland Student Press, welcome back! Of course stay tuned to waylandstudentpress.com for all of the latest news, videos, photo galleries, blogs, and more.

Dave Ryan
Co-Editor-in-Chief
Wayland Student Press Network