10 best places to catch a student off-campus

To all the underclassmen who have perfected the art of evading the “obstacles” that prevent you from leaving campus during school hours: the school has one upped you.

As of next year, there will be no cars for you to leave in! Ha! Take that. The administration would like to inform you that you may have won a few battles… but they won the war.

So, take your chances while you got ’em. Next year, you won’t be getting any demerits for grabbing lunch someplace other than the Commons. If you do, you must be fond of walking. On that note, as students take their final opportunities to leave campus in between classes (I wouldn’t dream of it, Mr. Tutwiler), I’d put my money on finding them at one of these 10 locations…

1. On a DD Run. Wayland High School runs on Dunkin’. If it’s before 9 o’clock, chances are you’ll be seeing another amigo from WHS there.
  2. Starbucks. We’re from Wayland. We enjoy blowing 6 bucks on a cup of coffee! Some people need their daily fix of high-priced caffeine. I don’t judge.
  3. McD’s. Bada bap bap baaaaaaa, I’m lovin’ it! Yes, I know I’ll have reduced my life expectancy by half after finishing my meal, and yes, I will be there tomorrow again. I guarantee it.
  4. Home. Yeah, see, I forgot to print the English essay, but I’ll be back before class.
  5. Sleeping in their bed. Nap time, I’m headed home! Then: oh shoot, I missed half of physics…
  6. Working out at Longfellow. Dude, I gotta get ripped before season starts!
  7. Finagle A Bagel. Their Chicken Chipotle = ’nuff said.
  8. At a doctor’s appointment. Translation: I have not studied for Spanish. Where’s your note, punk?
  9. In their car, driving aimlessly while thinking of where to go. Often results in the realization that you’ve spent one hour both wasting precious gas and contributing to global warming, not to mention the depletion of the world’s limited fossil fuels. Good work.
  10. Battling it out with Ms. Mohn. I swear, I was just getting something out of my car! No joke! See? Insert hasty scramble to find something in the car for use as evidence.

Shh! I’m heading out. Be back for English! You want anything? Mourning the demise of a long-beloved Wayland tradition…I’m thinking its time for a McD’s run.

[Editor’s note: nothing for next year is set in stone. We’re keeping our fingers crossed.]

$210
$1500