WSPN Newsletter: Earthquakes and the Candy Fair

Dear Readers,

This letter comes to you as we students are finishing our first full week of school. All 5 days of education. We haven’t had time to learn much yet, but one thing has become abundantly clear to me: it’s going to be hard to fall asleep in morning classes.

Last week I wrote to you telling the tale of business as usual. That’s still true, but this week we were introduced to a new learning experience in school. In my psych class Monday morning, all of the coffee cups on the tables began to shake. The liquid inside sloshed around, my standard issue blue plastic chair became an expensive massage seat, and the entire building began to vibrate.

No, there were no official earthquakes in Wayland this week, only small ones with their epicenter at 264 Old Connecticut Path. Flattening the rolling hills that used to be next to the media center, language, and history buildings, construction crews provided a complimentary wake-up call to us bleary-eyed seniors in 8 a.m. psych.

However, construction has yet to interrupt any important events on campus. It was a little tight, but parking for the first two home football games was a wild success! A big thank you to student council and the main office for all their work behind the scenes to keep event parking and other activities running smoothly.

On Thursday, the entire student body congregated in the main courtyard for the mad dash that is Club Fair. The annual Club Fair (infamously known as the “Candy Fair”) is an event where WHS’s numerous clubs show off their events, activities, and member benefits (candy and the promise of food at club meetings). We’ve put together our annual gallery showcasing the clubs, as well as the friends roaming around signing up for them.

That’s all for this week! Coming up next week is Senior Parents Night (Wednesday) and Underclassman photos (Friday).

Have a good weekend,

Dave Ryan, Co-Editor-in-Chief
Wayland Student Press Network

Latest on WSPN