Warrior Weekly: Welcome to my world

(Credit: Evan Barber/WSPN)

Dear WSPN Readers,

My name is Andrew Herstine, I am a senior at Wayland High School, and I love sports.

Ever since I was little, each morning before school was spent watching SportsCenter, catching up on last night’s scores and stats. Sports has become a passion for me.

Not only do I play, watch and follow, but now I blog about sports. The blog will contain my opinions, insights and analysis of high school sports with a touch of professional sports thrown in.

I am a fan of the four major local professional sports teams (Bruins, Celtics, Red Sox and Patriots) as well as a Penn State football fan and a Duke basketball fan. If you have a problem with that I want to hear it, I’ve heard my fair share of heckling from peers ever since Boston College moved to the Atlantic Coast Conference (ACC).

I talk about sports 24/7, so come find me, and if I’m not talking about sports already, I’d be happy to start. If you have a question about sports, let me take a crack at it; I probably have the answer for you. I sometimes surprise myself with the things I know, and if it helps you out, I’m all for it. People may find it useless that I know so much, but I just can’t help it. There’s something about the numbers that astonish me, in my head.

This fall, my weekly posts will give updates about the various Warrior sports teams and discuss hot topics in the wide world of sports.

For more on the outlook of the 2011 fall season, check out the fall sports preview.

$210
$1500