Junior class government prepares for Prom

The class of 2013 is selling rally towels to raise money for prom and other events. (Photo illustration: Jake Adelman/WSPN)

The junior class of 2013 is preparing for Prom, Cotillion and Spirit Day.

Larry Guo, the junior class’ Vice President said that Prom is E-Board’ main focus. Both E-Board and Prom Committee meet nearly every week, distributing tasks among their members.

According to Courtney Bolivar, 2013 Class Secretary, the responsibilities of planning a dance include finding a DJ and arranging a venue for the event. Bolivar takes attendance at each meeting, records the results of the meeting and posts her records in the 2013 Facebook group.

“I have expectations that all of the class officers will make Prom the best they can because of all the time they’ve had to plan it,” said junior Kurt Straube.

“Prom is something that you’re supposed to look forward to, and something that you can look back on,” said Nick Condry. “So you would want to do something memorable.”

The juniors are working on more events for later in the year. They’re currently collaborating with seniors for another formal dance, Cotillion, planned to take place in the commons of the new school.

In addition to dances, the class of 2013 has found another way to raise class pride. They plan to make Spirit Day t-shirts in extended homeroom. To raise money for these events, the juniors have planned several fundraisers.

In addition to their usual Krispy Kreme sale at the town dump, the juniors are also selling hand warmers and rally towels at sporting events.

This report is part of the in-depth story, Behind the scenes of class government planning.