Ten best things about the new school

Ten best things about the new school

10. The food. It’s like a ski lodge cafeteria. For a high school, that’s impressive.

9. The stairs. Yeah, they take some getting used to, but I think everyone will have damn nice legs after a few weeks. Tip: don’t break your foot, it makes the stairs the worst part of the day.

8. The Eno boards. For the teachers that can use them, they totally rock. For the teachers that can’t… At least they double as whiteboards.

7. THE THEATER! It’s amazing! It’s huge, high-tech and the seats are so comfortable. Looks like the “little” theater grew up.

6. The bathrooms. Automatic toilets, sinks… Not soap. And not towels. Actually, the paper towel dispenser is a little finicky. Still an upgrade. Locks on all the doors means I’m in heaven!

5. The armchairs in the academic center. They have desks! I could never decide if I wanted to study or just relax, but now I can do both.

4. The courtyard. Come spring, it’ll be the place to eat lunch. For now, though, I’m just trying to get through it as fast as I can.

3. The Student Learning Centers. Seriously, how many times have you had to promise a teacher you’d print your homework during lunch and turn it in ASAP? On second thought, maybe the SLCs aren’t ideal. …

2. The Language Lab. Rolling chairs, a full computer at everyone’s desk and we can’t record orals (yet)?!

1. The colors. Honestly, I think they’re fun. It took a little getting used to, but the Care-Bear-vomit look is growing on me. Much better than the uniform gray and blue colors in the old school.

$60
$1500