Turf deemed off-limits for students during school

Due to increased littering, students have been banned from using the turf field during school hours.

Thursday morning, Dean of Students Scott Parseghian made an announcement prohibiting the use of the turf field during the school day. The new rule was created due to large amounts of garbage left on the field.

“[Littering] is out of a lack of respect toward school property; [students] are trashing [the field], just like you didn’t take care of the Commons over at the other school,” Parseghian said.

Neighbors have also filed complaints about loud music being played at the turf during the day.

Many students were unhappy about the new rule because they did not feel personally responsible for the litter.

“We don’t really bring a lot of the stuff out there, but some of the sports teams bring things out there. I don’t really think it’s the kids’ fault during the day,” said sophomore Ben Boschetto.

To solve the problem, Parseghian plans to have Campus Superviser, Eules Tracey, prevent students from using the turf.

However, students have offered other solutions. Senior Katie Terranova suggested having a teacher to monitor students while using the turf, similar to the Field House.

Parseghian says that all student suggestions will be considered once Principal Tutwiler returns from China.

$210
$1500