Warrior Weekly: A strong start

After the first week of school, the Wayland Warriors are undefeated.
We did it! We made it through the first week of school. I hope everyone likes their teachers and will have a good school year. Wait, this isn’t a blog about school; it’s about what happens after school: sports.

There were only four games this past week, but what do you know? We’re undefeated!

Boys soccer tied Tyngsborough (not a loss), and field hockey beat Concord-Carlisle 4-2. The golf team beat CC as well, 80-79. Football won an exciting game against Millis 21-7.

Both boys soccer and girls field hockey are looking to build off what were two successful seasons last year.

The football team played really well. They didn’t give up a defensive touchdown, and they looked very good offensively, both in passing the ball and rushing the ball. Quarterback Matt Goddard threw the ball very well down field, and running back Robert Williams had a strong game as well.

The Warriors’ offensive and defensive line played great going up against linemen who were significantly bigger than they were.

One thing from the football game that I found interesting was that Millis’s lineman, Jon Baker, was offered scholarships to play football at Division 1 schools. Baker was offered scholarships to BC, UMass and UConn when he was only a sophomore. According to ESPN Boston, Michigan has interest in Baker. As a football fan I find it fascinating to watch players like Baker.

Big week ahead for the Warrior Sports program. Eight games in total. Hopefully we can stay undefeated!

Be sure to check out Warrior Scores for all the scores and schedules from the fall season.

Andrew finished off all of his blogs last year with “check Warrior Scores.” I have decided to end my blogs a little differently. I am going to end my blog with a sports quote. If you have any suggestions for quotes I should use, feel free to email me or comment on this post.

“Winning isn’t everything, but wanting to win is.” -Vince Lombardi