Fashion from a boy’s perspective

For some, fashion is important and requires hours of time to create an outfit. For others, fashion is merely throwing on whatever is on their wardrobe. See what Andrew Lidington has to say about fashion.
For the fall sports season, I wore a shirt and tie to school at least twice a week. However, I didn’t make this choice voluntarily, since the boys soccer team was required to wear a classy outfit to school before every game. I don’t strongly support or oppose the “psych,” but it has opened my eyes to the world of fashion and what it means to boys to look good.

Boys are commonly thought to care less about their appearance than girls, but I think that boys prefer when it looks like they aren’t trying too hard to look fashionable. I’ve noticed that although many of my teammates wore a simple shirt and tie, others saw an opportunity to go a step further. A few people dressed in matching ties and pants of various colors. Others wore colored sweaters over their ties. These teammates, although they may not admit it, seemed more concerned with the way they looked.

When I dressed up, I tried to match my shirt and tie whenever possible, but it wasn’t too important to me if I didn’t. Once it started to get cold, I began to wear a sweater, partly for style and partly for practicality.

To me, fashion is important, but only to a point. Before I go to bed, when I put out the clothes I’m going to wear the following day, I don’t want to put too much thought into what I’m doing. That may be because I’m too impatient to focus when I’m tired or may be because I’d rather go to bed than analyze my outfit.

Sometimes, my range of effort makes my style inconsistent. One day, I’ll be wearing a well-coordinated, fashionable outfit, and the next day I’ll wear an old pair of jeans with a grass stain across the knees. Overall, I would consider my fashion sense to be about average because I have both my good and bad days.

The main mindset of boys’ fashion is that guys either don’t want to put too much thought into what they wear, or they don’t want to seem like they do. Until this frame of mind changes, this ideology will remain the biggest difference between boys and girls fashion.

$60
$1500