New school store, Orange & Black Shack, opens

[monoslideshow id=”174″]The new school store, the Orange & Black Shack, opened at 9:30 a.m. today. The store held a ribbon-cutting ceremony and offered a discount to their first 10 customers in honor of their opening.

Located between the Commons and the theater, the store will open at 7:20 a.m. every day and will be open every block, closing at 2:30 p.m. On Friday afternoons, the store will close early for the staff to take inventory. The Orange & Black Shack sells everything from silly putty to Camelbak water bottles.

The store is run by a new business class taught by Jim Page and Fred Lehmann called, “School Store Operations.” The class is an extension of WHS’s Entrepreneurship and Business Management (EBM) class and includes 29 seniors who took EBM as juniors.

“We have every aspect a normal business would have,” senior Kurt Straube said of the store’s production.

The School Store Operations class operates in different sections dedicated to  inventory, human resources and  marketing. In the beginning of this school year, the students delivered sales pitches to determine which products they would be selling.

The profits from Orange & Black Shack will go to purchasing more products for the store and growing the business.

$60
$1500