Winter sports preview

The boys basketball team looks to take the DCL small under the leadership of Dennis Doherty.

Girls Swimming and Diving: Last year, the team won state championships, the sixth time in seven years. From there, they headed on to win the 2012 National Championships. With seven returning seniors, they are looking forward to continue their streak and to win Nationals again.
Players to Watch: Megan Pierce (senior) and Molly Pierce (sophomore) Diving: Maddi Sacra

Boys Swimming and Diving: With a record of 8-3 from last year, the team is looking forward to having another strong season. Many state qualifying swimmers are returning this year, including senior Mark Karlson who finished second in the 100m breaststroke last year at states.
Players to Watch: Swimming: Mark Karlson (senior) and Doug Curtin (senior)
Diving: Alex Chused (sophomore)

Boys Basketball: Many starters are returning to the boys team this year, including leading scorer Jaleel Bell. The boys hope to win another DCL small title and avenge their tournament loss to Danvers. The team looks to coach Dennis Doherty to lead them to another strong season.
Player to watch: Jaleel Bell (senior)

Girls Basketball: Last year was the girls first season with a new coach, Brewster Cupid. The girls had a tough season, winning only one game. The team lost many key players but return some skilled underclassmen including junior Alex VanRooyen.
Players to watch: Daly Place (sophomore) and Alex VanRooyen (junior)

Girls Track: The girls are coming off a disappointing season from the 2011-2012 year but are training to come back strong. They look be a threat in the DCL under the leadership of coach Mary Macdonald. The team’s core of strong sprinters look to lead the girls success along with a returning core of seniors.
Players to watch: Kela Butts (senior) and Krayon’na Thames (senior)

Boys Track: The Boys Track Team is looking to rebound from their one win season last year. Their prospects look bright under the leadership of returning DCL All Star Nick Ng and a core of seniors.
Player to watch: Nick Ng (senior), Bennett Keyes (junior) and Nick Condry (senior)

Boys Hockey: Last year, the boys hockey team made it to the State Semifinals before losing 5-4 to Medway. They look to new leadership from captains Colman Lydon, Peter Orlandella and Marcus Daisy. The team returns junior goalie Ben Boschetto along with three defensive captains. The boys will look to utilize their depth and avenge last year’s playoff run.
Player to Watch: Peter Orlandella (sophomore)

Girls Hockey: The Girls hockey team improved their season last year with a victory for the first time in two years. With head coach Bill MacDonald returning they have big hopes this year of making it to playoffs.
Players to watch: Gianna Fargnoli (sophomore), Kylie Hamm (freshman) and Jane Haffey (senior)

Wrestling: Although they didn’t perform as well as they would have liked last year, the wrestling has high hopes this year. With the combination of returning athletes and new underclassmen they look to make a strong push for the state title.
Players to Watch: Nick Coffin (senior) and Kevin Kelly (senior)

Ski Team:
Nordic: The girls are looking to improve from their second place finish at States last year with the help of second year captains, Hannah Brigham and Julia Lavenson. The boys team only has a few members, but are trying to come out strong this season.
Player to watch: Elizabeth Karpacz (junior) and Eli Bucher (sophomore)

Alpine: The team has lost important seniors from last year but are looking for leadership from new captains Alice D’Orlando and Grace Perkins. There is also a strong freshman and sophomore presence on the boys team with many new members.
Player to watch: Alice D’Orlando (senior) and Ben Slater (freshman)