Warrior Weekly: The winter season has begun

Well, we’re officially underway with the winter season of Warrior sports, and we’re off to a pretty promising start.

Both the boys and girls swim teams won their opening meat against Newton South. Then again, does swim team ever lose?

As the winter sports season begins, Harry talks about the Warriors' successful start to the winter season and professional sports. If you're interested in being part of WSPN's tryout series, contact Harry or Chris Connell.
The wrestling team, which is coming off a disappointing 2011-2012 season, started out strong by winning a huge match. They made a statement when they won 3-0 to sweep the quad match at Hudson High School.

Girls basketball started the season off with a loss to Belmont. I know they will be able to come back strong in their next game against Maynard. Good luck girls!

The rest of the winter teams have yet to start up. To keep up to date with all of the winter teams check out Warrior Scores!

On another note, if any of my readers would like to star in WSPN’s revival of the tryout series, email me ([email protected]) or Chris ([email protected]) to set up an interview time.

As I write this blog at 1:25 on Sunday afternoon, I have some professional sports thoughts in my head.

1. How is Manny Pacquiao’s face feeling right now? And why do other sports put so much emphasis on concussions, but boxing allows this to happen?

2. Man, the Los Angeles Dodgers do not seem to be scared about America’s economic problems. Their payroll this year is currently over $200 million, and that money is split up amongst 25 players. Wow.

3. My dad has an extra ticket to Monday night’s Patriots game, but he won’t take me. Why?

4. Johnny Football, baby!

“Set your goals high, and don’t stop ’til you get there.” -Bo Jackson