25 Days of Cookies: Cookie Dough Frosted Cupcakes

Alex recommends Cookie Dough Frosted Cupcakes for this post of 25 Days of Cookies.
Face it. No matter what the season is, if you are baking cookies you best bet you are eating more raw cookie dough than you end up using for the actual cookies. Everyone knows the cookie dough is better than the real cookie. That’s why instead of baking cookies this holiday, you should make cookie dough frosted cupcakes. These are the perfect excuse for you to eat even more cookie dough. We know the spotlight is on the cookie dough in this dessert, but the cupcake beneath it is the perfect supporting act.

I prefer chocolate cupcakes, but you can also make vanilla if you’re into that. Oh, and if you’re one of those people who are scared of contracting salmonella or something from eating raw food, have no fear. This dough has no eggs it, so it’s perfectly safe.

For the cupcakes, I’d use this recipe: http://www.marthastewart.com/337010/chocolate-cupcakes

Cookie dough frosting:
1 cup butter
1 tablespoon water
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
A pinch of salt
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup chocolate chips

Directions:
1. Let the butter soften.
2. Place the butter and brown sugar in a bowl and stir with a fork or large wooden/plastic spoon until smooth and creamy.
3. Put contents of the bowl into a mixer. Add the water, vanilla, flour and salt. Mix on medium until the ingredients are equally mixed to form uniform dough.
4. While the mixer is going, toss in the chocolate chips, so they will be distributed evenly throughout the dough.

$60
$1500