Reap the rewards of exercising for a healthier lifestyle

Although getting enough exercise can be difficult, it is extremely beneficial, according to Connie and Elena.
Part of the reason why we often fail to get the necessary amount of physical activity is that we struggle to find time in our busy schedules to exercise. We are at the peak of the school year, and our energy is drained from the excessive overload of work, ripping away motivation to do anything but sit on a warm, comfy couch with a bag of chips in hand.

For athletes who enjoy slacking off during the offseason, starting up again and getting back in shape is both embarrassing and strenuous. Knowing that we can’t do something we could just weeks before is aggravating, and getting back to our previous pace seems harder than it was the first time around.

The effects of a rapid change from a high-intensity sports season to an exercise-free month are quite dramatic. Once we start consuming more calories than we burn, our bodies begin to notice the physical changes.

For students who have given up on sports and actively participate on the sitting-on-the-couch team, the world of exercise becomes more and more distant and abstract. The thought of breaking a sweat is unimaginable and bizarre.

It seems that the more time we spend away from exercise, the harder it is to start up again.

Lack of physical activity is a rising problem in the United States, and it plays a significant factor in obesity, cardiovascular disease, high blood pressure and diabetes. What’s worse is that a lack of exercise can be paired with unhealthy eating, which won’t be too easy on the eyes once your young metabolism slows down.

Getting up off our warm, cozy beds and using our energy to brave the elements is hard, but many of us can also relate to the feeling of victory after completing a run or winning a game.

Many of us can also relate to the lethargy that comes with a lack of exercise. All physical activities seem difficult, and we become gradually lazier and lazier. If the remote control is on the coffee table, and we have to reach over, some opt to suffer through commercials than get up.

The key to success is to start with tiny steps. The trick to becoming more active is to increase the time and intensity of your workouts in small intervals. Eventually, this time frame will extend and your concentration will increase as well as your productivity.

First, start by having a positive attitude. You’ll be surprised to see how much you can accomplish if you turn that frown upside down.

A good life lesson to follow is the two-minute rule. If it can be done in less than two minutes, do it.

You may convince yourself that you absolutely hate to exercise, but once you choose a form of exercise that is right for you, you might even find that working out can be fun. There are countless other forms of exercise besides running and heavy cardiovascular training, and tons of these exercises are suited for the typical “running hater.”

For those who feel as though the heavy stress of schoolwork is what prevents them from getting exercise, they’re wrong. Another significant benefit of working out is that it reduces stress and relaxes you. Even on the busiest of days, some physical movement is essential.

Now that we’re wrapping up the first half of the school year and the amount of homework we have been getting seems to have skyrocketed above our heads, students find it nearly impossible to to spend our small amount of free time doing what we know we should: getting exercise.

Getting exercise for even just 15 minutes will make anyone feel more refreshed, energized and efficient than before.

$210
$1500