Warrior Weekly: Past and future

width="470"
This week, Harry discusses upcoming games and the current failures and successes in professional sports.
[/caption]This week I want to start with a question for my readers: Should I grow a playoff beard with the Red Sox?

Anyway, this was a slow week for Warrior sports. There were lots of tough losses (except for boys’ soccer; they have had a fantastic season so far). Since I don’t want to dwell on the past, let’s take a look ahead.

Both soccer teams have a game against Weston this week. The boys will be away and the girls will be at home. Let’s make it a goal to win both of these games.

Field hockey has a huge game this week against powerhouse Westford Academy. Westford is 12-1 this season. Winning this game would make a statement for our talented team that has had some struggles this year. I believe Coach Shelly Fraser will have her team pumped up for this one.

Next Friday, football will have an away game against Boston Latin. They are also 2-2 this season. The Warriors will need to have a better offensive game (they only gained 12 second-half yards this week) if they want to beat the very good offensive team from Boston Latin.

In professional news, can the state of Ohio (mainly the city of Cleveland) catch a break?

Both the Cincinnati Reds and the Cleveland Indians lost in the MLB wild card games this week. The Cleveland Browns finally found a good QB in Brian Hoyer, but he tore his ACL and is out for the year. There is literally no sports success from that state. Oh yeah, and Lebron left the Cavs and won two world championships for Miami. I’m glad I don’t live there.

Also, I forgot to mention this in my last blog. Remember this prediction I made last year?

“The Boston Red Sox, with their off-season acquisitions of Justin Upton and Elvis Andrus, will win the 2013 World Series. Brad Ausmus is named Manager of the Year after leading them to the best record in the American League. John Lackey also will have an ERA under 4.00.”

I’d give myself an 85% on this one — 95% if they pull out the World Series win (which they will). Lackey’s ERA came in at a solid 3.52 and the Sox did have the best record in the American League. My only slip up came with the off-season acquisitions and my manager choice. Doesn’t matter; John Farrell will still be named Manager of the Year. It’s safe to say I did a pretty nice job on this one because absolutely nobody saw this coming.

“My whole career, my swing has always been the most important thing to me. Even when I’m taking a shower, I work on my swing.”
-David Ortiz

$210
$1500