Scrambled: Chocolate chip cookies

width=
This week on "Scrambled," Daly and Anna share their favorite recipe for chocolate chip cookies.
[/caption]

Hello Scrambled readers!

First off, before you click away, I swear by this recipe. I know that there are thousands of recipes for chocolate chip cookies, but this one is the best.

I went through a bit of a phase a couple years ago when I cooked chocolate chip cookies once a week for months. It was evident when we went to the dentist, and my sister had six cavities. Whoops!

However, when I first started baking these cookies, I came across a few problems. My first issue was that the cookies were too hard; it was like eating bricks. To combat this, I started to use less granulated sugar and more brown sugar. This improved the taste, but the texture only improved a little. That’s when I got an idea from Google to use only the eggs yolks, as opposed to the whole egg.

The egg yolks were perfect for softening the cookie, but then the cookies became too dry, so I had to use three egg yolks instead of two.

Afterwards, the texture of the cookies was perfect, but then the cookies seemed to be rising too much, so I had to think of another solution. I figured it out: you have to use a little less baking powder and then take the cookies out a minute or two earlier than you normally would. Here’s what the final recipe looks like:

The ingredients you’ll need:
2 1/4 cups of all-purpose flour
A little less than one teaspoon of baking soda
1 teaspoon of salt
1 cup (2 sticks) of butter
1/2 cup of granulated sugar
1 cup of packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
3 large egg yolks
1 3/4 cups of chocolate chips

First, preheat the oven to 375 degrees.

Then, heat up the butter until it is soft, but not so much that it separates.

Add all the ingredients, both the wet and dry ones, into a bowl. Mix them together with your hands so you don’t waste any ingredients on a spoon or whisk.

Then, grease some pans, separate the cookie dough into balls a little smaller than golf balls and lay them out on the pan

Finally, bake the cookies for 12-16 minutes.

Enjoy!