Scrambled: Halloween Spiders

width="470"
In the spirit of Halloween, Anna talks about Halloween Spiders, one of her favorite seasonal treats.
[/caption]

Well, it’s that time of year again: Halloween! For me, Halloween is such a fun holiday. It’s casual, there are great costumes and of course… there’s lots of candy. What’s not to love?

So, I thought it would be fun to feature Halloween Spiders, one of my all-time favorite Halloween treats. For those of you who know the Barber family, they have a tradition of making these treats every Halloween season, and I have been lucky enough to try them a few times. After my first bite, I immediately fell in love.

These treats are great for chocolate lovers. They are sweet and chocolatey on the outside, but once you take a bite, there is a crisp crunch for a nice surprise. Halloween Spiders are most certainly unique, and who knows, maybe they’ll become a regular in your household too!

Halloween Spiders ingredients:

12 ounce package of semi-sweet chocolate chipsIMG_0705
1 medium sized can of chow mein noodles
1 package of M&M’s milk chocolate candy

First, melt chocolate chips in a saucepan over medium heat or in the microwave. If you’re using a microwave, warm the chips on high for about 2 minutes (or until they turn into a liquid), while stirring the chips every 30 seconds. If the chocolate is too stiff, try adding 2-4 tablespoons of water.

Next, stir the noodles into the melted chocolate. Once combined, drop the ingredients by spoonfuls onto a cookie sheet covered with wax paper or tin foil.

As soon as the spiders are placed on the cookie sheet, add two M&M’s to each spoonful for the eyes. This needs to be done quickly, otherwise the M&M’s will not stick.

Once all your spiders are on the cookie sheet, allow them to cool for a few hours at room temperature. However, if you’re in a rush, placing them in the refrigerator for about twenty minutes should do the trick too.

I hope this is a fun and yummy treat for you all to enjoy. Happy Halloween!

$210
$1500