Scrambled: Guacamole

width=
This week on Scrambled, Anna talks about one of her favorite foods, guacamole!
[/caption]

If you’ve ever met me, you might have learned that guacamole is one of my all-time favorite foods. Seriously, what’s not to love? It’s a great, quick snack that’s super refreshing. Best of all, it’s very easy to make.

Some of the best guacamole I’ve ever had was probably at Angela’s Cafe in Boston. If you’re there and you look into the kitchen from your table, you can see them making it and frying up their homemade chips to go along with it. So delicious!

So, over the years, I have done a lot of experimenting to see what ingredients and amounts make up the perfect recipe. Everyone likes their guacamole a little differently, which is another great thing about the food. There is plenty of room to be creative and decide what you want.

Here’s my ideal recipe: (serves 6)

Ingredients:
3 avocados, mashed into small chunks
1 cup of diced tomatoes
2 tablespoons of salsa
1/4 teaspoon of minced garlic
1 teaspoon of lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon of salt

Place the ingredients in a large mixing bowl and combine them with a fork. For the best flavor, let the ingredients chill in a refrigerator for about 30 minutes. If you’re looking to make the guacamole a little more interesting, you can add other ingredients such as hot sauce or onions.

Once I’m ready to eat my guacamole, I love pairing it with the Xochitl “Totopos de Maiz” brand of chips found at Whole Foods. Enjoy!

$210
$1500