Ritchie enforces new no homework policy for Thanksgiving break

width="470"
A new no homework policy will be in effect this coming Thanksgiving break. "Kids work really hard these days, and the human brain needs time to relax and rest." interim principal John Ritchie said.
[/caption]

A no homework policy will be put in effect this coming Thanksgiving break, implemented by interim principal John Ritchie, who enforced the same policy as interim principal of Brookline High School.

According to Ritchie, the human brain functions better and quality of work increases when people are given periods of rest and relaxation.

“Many students report an average of two to three hours per night with extra studying for tests. This is manageable but can leave kids really stretched. Kids work really hard these days, and the human brain needs time to relax and rest,” Ritchie said.

Upon the announcement of the new policy, some AP course teachers approached Ritchie with concerns.

“AP course teachers talked to me about the huge pressure they feel they’re under to cover a prescribed curriculum. I really respect them for coming to see me about this,” Ritchie said.

“There are certain things AP teachers have to do that other teachers don’t. The kids are just going to have a lot of work to deal with the week they get back, which will probably amount to more stress. My class is realistically supposed to be the equivalent of a freshman college course, so the work isn’t going to just disappear,” AP U.S. History teacher Katherine Bassen said.

$210
$1500