Leak found in math wing

Pictured above is room B138, which was closed due to a water leak.
A leak was discovered Monday, Jan. 6 in room B140, which is located in the math wing.

“A kid lifted up his backpack, and water was dripping from it. We asked if there was something leaking from [the backpack], and there wasn’t,” Molly Kooshan, who was teaching class when the leak was discovered, said. “We realized that we were sitting in a large puddle that was around five desks.”

Upon investigation, it is still unclear what caused the leak.

“Once we opened up the wall, it let all the water out, and we never got to see where it was coming from. We are not sealing the wall back up. It’s open, and classes will begin in there again tomorrow,” Assistant Principal Scott Parseghian said. “We put plastic over it. Next time it rains, we’ll take the plastic off the wall, so we can actually see where it’s coming from.”

According to Parseghian, the cause of this leak is unrelated to the leaks found in rooms B138 and B140 this past February.

“It was coming in from the side of the building last year,” Parseghian said. “This summer, we put the drains in, and they were working; water wasn’t coming in from the side of the building. When I heard there was water this year, I thought, ‘I can’t believe the drain’s not working.’ When I went over there, the drain was working the way it was supposed to. We have no idea where the water’s coming from this time.”