Windows in the Commons tinted

width=
Pictured above are the windows in the commons. These windows were tinted this past February break in order to reduce the glare of the sunlight on students."Especially when the sun is the highest, students began to complain about the light coming through the windows," Assistant Principal Scott Parseghian said.

Last year, students complained that they had a hard time sitting at the Commons tables nearest the windows because of the brightness coming from outside.

“Especially when the sun is the highest, students began to complain about the light coming through the windows. Students were even joking around about wearing sunglasses at lunch time,” Assistant Principal Scott Parseghian said.

Over the summer, Parseghian looked into the problem and decided to hire a company to replace one window pane.

“If you noticed for the first part of the year, I had one window done over by the senior section. I wanted to try that out first before I did the whole thing to see if that would make a difference,” Parseghian said

Currently, the two rows of window panes stretch across all of the side windows of the Commons, but there will most likely be no other additions.

“I don’t think they will be implemented anywhere else,” Parseghian. “We took care of all the other rooms right when we moved in so that teachers could darken the rooms with the blackout shades.”