Warrior Weekly: Warm weather

width=
This week, Harry recaps Wayland sports and reflects on the Boston marathon bombing anniversary.

A quick shout out to Mr. D.: it was officially Knee Day on Monday! For kids who don’t have Mr. D., Knee Day is the first day of the year where universally around the school, knees make their appearance.

The weather is finally nice, and we can officially call it spring. Spring is by far the best time of year. There really isn’t any argument.

So far in the spring season, the Wayland teams have been doing a pretty nice job.

Girls lacrosse is killing it, as usual. They come into this week with a record of 4-0-1. Boys lacrosse is in the midst of a three game winning streak which brought their record up to 3-2.

The tennis teams also started off really well. The boys are looking to come back from their disappointing finish last year. They have started off the season 4-0. The girls have started their own season 3-1.

On the fields, softball started off its season with a loss, but the team looked better than it has in recent years. Baseball lost its first two games but has been improving every day and will look for its first win Thursday against Milton.

That’s your rundown of Wayland sports. Keep checking out the scoreboard! Cara is doing a great job keeping it updated for you guys. If you ever have any score questions, that should be the first place you look.

On a sadder note, it seems necessary that I bring up the one year anniversary of the bombings. I think it is very important that we recall everything that happened on that day and how we came together as a city. Remember that.

President Obama spoke after the bombings and said this:

“When the Sox and Celtics and Patriots or Bruins are champions again, to the chagrin of New York and Chicago fans, the crowds will gather and watch a parade go down Boylston Street.
And this time next year, on the third Monday in April, the world will return to this great American city to run harder than ever and to cheer even louder for that 118th Boston Marathon.”

Well Obama, you were spot on. Now let’s go out and cheer even louder!