Warrior Weekly: Fall results

This week, new Warrior Weekly blogger Daly Place introduces herself and talks about the success of the fall sports teams.

Hi, my name is Daly Place, and I am a senior here at WHS. I have had the opportunity to play five different team sports, and I am now the Warrior Weekly blogger for WSPN. I am open to writing about anything related to sports! If you have suggestions, please feel free to email me, and I would love to read them.

It has been an exciting week for athletics here at Wayland High School! To kick off the week, the Wayland-Weston crew had two top 20 finishes at the Head of The Charles Regatta. The WW women’s openweight eight boat came in 12th out of 85 teams in the competition. Special shout-out to Audrey Zizza, our very own senior on the eight boat. Preceding this, WW men’s openweight 8 boat came in 16th out of 85 teams. Congrats to both teams and good luck on your remaining races.

On Monday, our golf team captured the D2 North Sectional title, finishing 10 strokes ahead of the second place finishes, Concord-Carlisle and North Andover. The match was played all day at Far Corner Golf Course in Boxford. The boys went out and surprised everyone by knocking off the favorite Concord-Carlisle.

Today, the football team will be fighting for the DCL Small title. The title depends on the outcome of the game on Friday, and there are three scenarios. 1. The boys lose, and in this case they do not win the title. 2. The boys win by a large margin and would also win the title outright. 3. The boys win by a small margin, causing them to share the title with Concord-Carlisle.

Also today, the cross country team will be competing in the DCL meet at Franklin Park.

This past Saturday our boys’ varsity soccer team qualified for tournament by beating Snowden. On Tuesday night, the girls’ field hockey team won their senior night against Bedford, qualifying them for their tournament.

Volleyball also had a riveting win on their senior night against Weston, who is a contender for the DCL small title, but sadly the girls’ team did not qualify for tournament. Similarly, the girls’ varsity soccer team will not be going to tournament either, but they put in a good effort this season.