Athlete of the Week: Andy Carmichael

Athlete of the Week: Andy Carmichael

width="470"
In the photo above, senior Andy Carmichael (right) walks onto the field at a football game last fall. Carmichael is featured for his success on the Wayland football team. "Football is like a brotherhood; everyone has each other's backs," Carmichael said.
[/caption]

Name: Andy Carmichael

Grade: Senior

Sport: Football

Achievements: Carmichael was this year’s co-captain of the school’s football team. He was a DCL All Star and co-Defensive MVP. Carmichael was also selected for the Shriner All Star game. Next year, Carmichael will be playing on Bentley University’s football team.

Sports idol: According to Carmichael, he doesn’t really have a sports idol. He observes and talks to a lot of athlete to take advice from them.

Favorite memory: Carmichael’s favorite memory playing football was when he played against Lincoln-Sudbury this year. The team had just come off of a bad lost, and they were the underdogs in the game. “Everyone knew that the game could make or break our season,” Carmichael said. Despite being the underdogs, the team managed to win the game.

Quote: “I know there a lot of critics about playing football and the risk of what could happen, but I think everyone should play the sport. It teaches a lot of life lessons. And I’ve been on a lot of teams, but football is like a brotherhood; everyone has each other’s backs.”

$210
$1500