Maya Golod: I always used to watch YouTube videos and want to make some of my own

Pictured above is sophomore Maya Golod’s YouTube channel. Golod is a YouTuber. “It makes me feel happy that people actually want to watch my videos,” Golod said.

On a chilly Saturday evening, while most teenagers will be out and about, sophomore Maya Golod is often in her room, producing a YouTube video.

Golod started regularly posting videos on a YouTube channel she created the summer before freshman year.

“I’ve always loved photography, and I always used to watch YouTube videos and want to make some of my own,” Golod said.

She explains that although being a YouTuber takes a lot of commitment, it’s really fun.

“It makes me feel happy that people actually want to watch my videos,” Golod said.

The content of Golod’s channel is very diverse. Her videos include topics such as beauty and lifestyle, featuring morning routines and room tours. She also posts funny skits and anything she is in the mood for. Because she enjoys music, she is also thinking about playing the ukulele on her channel in the future.

According to Golod, she tries to make videos every week, but because of school work and other extracurricular commitments, it often ends up being every other week.

Laughing, Golod explains her channel’s popularity is “not very big.” She has 96 subscribers, which include people from inside and outside of school.

Golod is happy to see progress. She started out getting one subscriber a month, and now she gains two to five new subscribers a month.

Her friends have varying reactions to her hobby. Some think it’s really cool while some occasionally make fun of it; however, that doesn’t stop her from doing what she loves.

Golod hopes to continue YouTubing in the future, even considering it as a profession. She says her goals are to be successful on Youtube and to make money off of it.

“If you’re surfing YouTube and are looking for new content, check out my channel at mgphotography58,” Golod said.