Students react to the 2016 presidential election

Aimee LaRochelle and Abby Mitty

Darby Leid Junior ”I don’t really have an opinion on the election, I don’t really like either candidate. I think that they’re both attacking each other in negative ways, trying to get people to vote for them, but it’s really just making people dislike both of them. If I could vote, I would vote third party. Definitely the Green Party.”
Credit: Abby MItty
Darby Leid
Junior
”I don’t really have an opinion on the election, I don’t really like either candidate. I think that they’re both attacking each other in negative ways, trying to get people to vote for them, but it’s really just making people dislike either of them. If I could vote, I would vote third party. Definitely the Green Party.”
Audrey Chen Sophomore “I think that both candidates are bad choices because Hillary is sick and lies about it, and Trump says things that are just so unnecessary and rude. Trump uses his empire to get votes and speeches to get young people’s approval. I think Hillary does it in a more effective way [on winning votes] because she supports funds that are actually necessary and she’s like women’s rights and everything, but Trump puts women down which is bad. I’d definitely vote for Hillary because she knows way more about women's rights and actual politics, and Trump is just a businessman.”
Credit: Aimee LaRochelle
Audrey Chen
Sophomore
“I think that both candidates are bad choices because Hillary is sick and lies about it, and Trump says things that are just so unnecessary and rude. Trump uses his empire to get votes and speeches to get young people’s approval. I think Hillary does it in a more effective way [on winning votes] because she supports funds that are actually necessary and she’s like women’s rights and everything, but Trump puts women down which is bad. I’d definitely vote for Hillary because she knows way more about women’s rights and actual politics, and Trump is just a businessman.”
Devon Perryman Sophomore “I don’t really know a lot about it [the election], but I know there aren’t really a lot of good candidates this year. When it comes to winning votes, Donald Trump goes a little bit more crazy than her [Hillary Clinton]. He’s going a little too crazy. I haven’t heard a lot about Hillary, but it’s rumored that she lies a lot. I don’t think I would vote for anyone.”
Devon Perryman
Sophomore
“I don’t really know a lot about it [the election], but I know there aren’t really a lot of good candidates this year. When it comes to winning votes, Donald Trump goes a little bit more crazy than her (Hillary Clinton.) He’s going a little too crazy. I haven’t heard a lot about Hillary, but it’s rumored that she lies a lot. I don’t think I would vote for anyone.”

Lily Tardif Sophomore “I think this is a real crazy year and it’s going to be interesting. [On the candidates] they’re obviously very different, but people like them. I really don’t know who I’d vote for. If there was someone in the middle, that would be my choice. I would vote for the Green Party or the Libertarian Party, that’d be my choice.”
Credit: Aimee LaRochelle
Lily Tardif
Sophomore
“I think this is a real crazy year and it’s going to be interesting. [On the candidates] they’re obviously very different, but people like them. I really don’t know who I’d vote for. If there was someone in the middle, that would be my choice. I would vote for the Green Party or the Liberal Party, that’d be my choice.”

Tommy Simon Junior “You have one candidate who can’t be honest, and one who shouldn’t be. I think that Hillary has more realistic ideas, and Trump is all talk and no proof. He doesn’t have any way of backing up what he is saying. I would probably vote for Gary Johnson, [since] I hate them all.”
Credit: Abby Mitty
Tommy Simon
Junior
“You have one candidate who can’t be honest, and one who shouldn’t be. I think that Hillary has more realistic ideas, and Trump is all talk and no proof. He doesn’t have any way of backing up what he is saying. I would probably vote for Gary Johnson, [since] I hate them all.”

Sam Baron Freshman “I don’t think that there are any good candidates. I think Donald Trump is kind of crazy but is really straight forward, and Hillary likes to lie a lot but like she has some good messages she represents. If I could vote, I wouldn’t vote for anyone.”
Credit: Aimee LaRochelle
Sam Baron
Freshman
“I don’t think that there are any good candidates. I think Donald Trump is kind of crazy but is really straight forward, and Hillary likes to lie a lot but like she has some good messages she represents. If I could vote, I wouldn’t vote for anyone.”
Caroline Raymond Freshman “I’m interested in it, I haven't watched that much but it seems interesting. Maybe I’ll read about it. I think that they’re both very confident in trying to get votes. I’m not really sure who I’d vote for. I don’t like either of them that much so I’m not really sure.”
Credit: Aimee LaRochelle
Caroline Raymond
Freshman
“I’m interested in it, I haven’t watched that much but it seems interesting, maybe I’ll read about it. I think that they’re both very confident in trying to get votes. I’m not really sure who I’d vote for. I don’t like either of them that much so I’m not really sure.”