Athlete of the Week: Ally Goldin

Pictured above is sophomore Ally Goldin. Goldin plays for the girls varsity soccer team, has scored five goals this year, and is this weeks athlete of the week.

Pictured above is sophomore Ally Goldin. Goldin plays for the girls’ varsity soccer team, has scored five goals this year, and is this week’s athlete of the week.

Abby Stoller

Athlete of the Week: Ally Goldin

Name: Ally Goldin

Grade: Sophomore

Sport: Soccer

Achievements: Goldin started playing soccer when she was 4 years old. She made the middle school team in seventh grade and was nominated captain in eighth grade. Goldin made JV her freshman year and led the team in goals. This season, she made the varsity team and has scored 5 goals so far.

Sports Idol: Goldin’s sports idol is soccer player Alex Morgan. Goldin admires her determination to work hard and stay focused. “I like her because we both play forward on our teams, and she is really fast and has good moves, so she scores a lot,” Goldin said. “When I watch her, she motivates me to work on speed and to learn the moves she does so I can be better too.”

Favorite Memory: Goldin’s favorite soccer memory was winning first place in the tournament for the Massachusetts Youth Soccer District Select Program last summer. “I loved that feeling of achievement and excitement, but most of all, I loved being able share that amazing feeling with my team,” Goldin said. “We wouldn’t have been able to win without each other.”

Quote: “Don’t practice until you get it right. Practice until you can’t get it wrong.”