News Brief: WHS planner app released to students

Credit: Nathan Zhao

Pictured is a screenshot of the latest version of the new WHS planner app. The app was released to students for download recently by the Honors Applied Computer Science class, led by teacher Michael Hopps. The app can be downloaded from the Self Service application.

Jay Abdella

The Wayland High School planner app has been released to the student body. As of Wednesday, April 12, the newest version has been released and is available on Self Service for downloading onto student computers. Principal Allyson Mizoguchi sent out the email confirming the upload this week.

This app will replace the previous planner created by a former senior. The Honors Applied Computer Science (HACS) class, led by their teacher Michael Hopps, spent the first semester creating the app and then releasing it as a beta version to some students for most of quarter 3. The app contains a calendar, a schedule that syncs with iPass and sections to log down homework and other tasks. A WSPN news feed is also included. According to Hopps and the HACS class, student feedback has generally been positive.