Timeless Infamy to play at Battle of the Bands

The lights are all out, and a deathly silence has crept over the room. No one says a word, and all that can be heard is the buzzing of an overheating line bass amp and a slight cough that is emitted into the microphone.

“Umm, hello. We are Timeless Infamy and we are here to play some music for all of you tonight,” says a tall and well-built ruffian, standing at the helm of the group currently onstage. A rather mild way to start what is to be remembered as the finest moment of Amnesty’s fall coffeehouse.

Just who are these four who now stand before an audience of around one hundred, four disheveled lads ready to unleash a torrent of musical fury known to the world only as “prog rock?” They are Timeless Infamy, the hottest new beat makers on the Wayland music scene.

That was back in November of 2008, when the group was still rather unknown and playing on the underground circuit. Now, they have fully established themselves as a potent musical force that’s here to stay and ready to make an impact on local music. Scores of youngsters jam into the local sock-hop every night to dance to the rousing rhythms of the group.

Timeless Infamy consists of vocalist and guitarist Mike Sestito, bassist and second vocalist Ryan Burkley, keyboardist Christian Tremblay and drummer Jeff Bagdigian. The group got its start many, many eons ago in a galaxy that’s probably far, far away. How they met is forever locked in the ancient relics of time, hence the title.

Their style is progressive rock. Their influences include the likes of Yes, Dream Theater, King Crimson, Tool, and Emerson Lake and Palmer. So when’s the next time you can catch the newest and hottest thing to hit Wayland High School? Their next show is on March 29th at Harper’s Ferry for a Battle of the Bands contest sponsored by WBCN. They will be playing with seven other groups, all of whom are competing for that coveted top spot.

Fans have already worked themselves into a frenzy over the show and can hardly contain themselves. Alicia Winokur says, “Timeless Infamy? I love them. They’re amazing. Especially Ryan Burkley. I listen to them all the time when I’m making sandwiches.”

Johannes Bremberger is also enthusiastic, stating that, “No matter what Burkley and his band do, they rock.” Fellow enthusiast Matt DeCarlo says, “They are very entertaining.”

AJ Fitzgerald cannot stop singing their praises, saying, “They’re bringing prog rock back.”

Excitement hardly sums up the feeling that is surrounding this burgeoning act. Come and join in on the pandemonium on Sunday, March 29th at Harper’s Ferry and listen to some sweet, sweet progressive rock, every tune served up with a palpable vitality that is sure to get everyone in the crowd bopping.