Behind The Scenes of "Northman"

Hello, Wayland High School! I’m Andy Rakich, leader of the filmmaking gang who brought you Tears of God in November of last year. Tears of God, an action epic about an expedition of doomed sixteenth-century conquistadors, had a big premiere in the Little Theater and came out on DVD in February.

If you were fans of my previous film, you’re going to love my latest project: Another battle-oriented epic called Northman. Currently in production, Northman is set in medieval Scandanavia and tells the story of a violent Viking blood feud. To tell this tale of good and evil, the cast and I have built a mead hall – a building where a king would hold feasts – as well as a 25-foot Viking longship as setpieces. Our costumes are as authentic as any big-budget movie, our armor often functional (and weighing sometimes up to thirty pounds).

It’s an action packed, beautifully shot movie that powerfully entwines themes of revenge, compassion, and brutality – and promises to be bigger and better than any of my previous films.

Northman stars myself, Pete Konowski, Alex Romania, Justin Billing, Carl Sailor, Richard Weingartner in a cameo appearance, and many more. It is scheduled to be released this September.