Ride for Research: an open letter

Hey Everyone,

As some of you know, in seventh grade, I was diagnosed with a malignant brain tumor. That same year, I had surgery to remove it, and to this day, I am still recovering. Every spring since seventh grade, I have participated in a fundraiser, the Ride For Research, to raise money for research towards a cure for brain tumors.

625658_89170893The fundraiser is a bike ride, with a choice of a 10, 25, or 50 mile course. Following the bike ride, numerous restaurants from around the Boston area give out free food for lunch. Every year, I have organized a team from Wayland for the ride. Over the five years we have had a team, we have raised over $40,000.

The 2009 Ride For Research is this Sunday, May 31st from 8am to 12:30pm. The ride will be going through the greater Boston area, starting in Lincoln, and going through such towns as Waltham, Concord, and Weston. The ride is a lot of fun, a great way to get exercise, and most importantly, support a great cause.

There are many ways you can participate in the ride. You can volunteer with friends, where you help run the event, or you can be a rider and join a team, including the team I have created this year, called Team Jeremy~Together We Ride! We have already raised $1,500.

If you would like to participate, you can visit the website for more information. If you have any questions feel free to ask me any time. The ride is a great way to get community service while having a lot of fun. I hope you can join me in this year’s Ride For Research.

Thank You,
Jeremy Pivor