Seeing through Spanish eyes (video)

On the first day, Spanish teacher Nicole Hagdoust challenged students to a scavenger hunt on the first day. Starting at Plaza Mayor, students strolled around Madrid, searching for famous sights.

On the first day, Spanish teacher Nicole Hagdoust challenged students to a scavenger hunt on the first day. Starting at Plaza Mayor, students strolled around Madrid, searching for famous sights. "We saw a lot of new sights [on the scavenger hunt], but my favorite had to be El Mercado San Miguel because of all of the culture that you could see in there," junior McKenna Kelemanik said. From left to right: senior Uma Paithankar, juniors Kelemanik, Maggie Britton and senior Matthew Karle.

Credit: Julia Callini

Credit: Julia Callini

Credit: Julia Callini

Seeing through Spanish eyes (video)

Eighteen students and three chaperones departed for Madrid, Spain on April 10.  The group spent two days in Madrid, then departed for a homestay in Talavera de la Reina, a city an hour and a half southwest of Madrid. After the homestay, students returned to Madrid, where they took a day trip to Segovia. On April 19, they departed from Barajas International Airport to Boston.