Who won the VP debate?

$60
$1500

$60
$1500

• Y

You-Know-WhoOct 27, 2008 at 9:23 AM

that debate was HILARIOUS, Palin tried to dodge questions with the ecology policy….i haven’t laughed so hard for AGES!!

anonymousOct 7, 2008 at 3:16 PM

The two vice presidential candidates stood on fairly equal ground in this debate. However, although I’m not a huge fan of hers, I must voice my belief that Palin won the debate. Yes, Biden is the better debater, but because he couldn’t attack Palin’s views or opinions as she’s a women (he’d have been labeled a nasty, condescending, ego-manical bully if he had done so) she was allowed to dominate the debate. She didn’t address the questions directly, but she was definently on top for the majority of the debate. Although Biden managed to regain some ground, he hurt himself by backtracking on the topic of the treatment of homosexuals. He offered that in a Obama/Biden administration there would be no distinction between homosexual and heterosexual people, and they would be allowed all the same rights (joint ownership of property, hospital visitation rights, etc…) but then backtracked and said he believed it was not okay, whereas Palin was straightforward from the start, saying homosexual couples would be allowed all the same rights as heterosexual couples, but she personally believed marriage should be strictly between a man and a woman. Her probity was a major point for her over Biden’s newest verbal gaffe. Basically, they both made mistakes, but Palin dominated.

apathyOct 6, 2008 at 8:51 AM

I support neither party, but even so it was clear that Biden was the better debater. Half the time Palin avoided the questions that she could not answer due to her general incompetence. And lots of her statistics were wrong, but Biden could quickly come back and correct her lies.

• D

debatewatcherOct 4, 2008 at 12:21 PM

Even though I support the Obama/Biden ticket, I must say that Palin won the debate. Biden fumbled and blundered around for the first 30-45 minutes, while Palin delivered a number of solid responses. The content of her message was pretty scary, but she delivered it reasonably well, and that’s what most people seem to pay attention to.

Andrew B.Oct 3, 2008 at 1:03 PM

Well, if the polls are representative of anything, Biden “won”.

On the other hand, Obama “won” the first debate, but 60% of the people polled were Democratic, so it may not be too representative…

Who won the VP debate?