Ask Vilma: Cutting class to “go green?”

Dear Vilma,

My friend has been cutting math class ever since Thanksgiving break.  At first I didn’t know where he was going, but I finally found out.. He’s been hiding in the big blue recycling bin in the library! What’s more, it’s not just math class he’s skipping.  He hides in there during English, Science, and even PE! I am concerned for his grades as well as his spinal health.  Please help.

Concerned Friend

Although it may sound outrageous, I have been in the same place as you Concerned Friend. The first step you must take is to found out what he is doing in the big blue recycling bin in the library. If he’s using the time to better his mind, maybe by partaking in activities such as encyclopedia reading, you may have to let him sacrifice his spinal health.

A great woman once said, “A strong mind is better than a straight back.” That may be true in this situation. However if he is using his time to peak out the top of the bin to stare at people as they walk by, you should do something about it. Next time you suspect your friend is in the bin, hit the button on the the elevator next to the bin.

The doors will open and you will very carefully wheel the bin into the elevator. When the two of you reach the first floor, wheel him out and leave him there. He will open the top after a while to start peaking, and when he does he will be confused as well as a bit scared. This scare factor is what’s going to stop him from doing it again. Thanks for being a Concerned Friend.

$60
$1500