Credit: Nicole Erdekian
Survival Guide: Physics
- Organize each unit and label them.
- Label which units you are most confident with vs. less confident
- Collect all of the unit test review guides.
- Ask your teacher to review your old tests, and note what needs more work.
- Know the material for each unit. Some problems might not have numbers (ex. Velocity is m/s).
- Review class notes, homeworks and labs.
- Know the main idea/significance of the labs.
- Write down vocabulary words or use Quizlet (whatever suits your learning style best).
- Memorize all formulas, except for those on the formula sheet.
- Schedule a meeting time with your teacher on material you’re confused on.
- Use the textbook for extra practice problems.
- Find a study buddy that you work well with, and can stay focused with.
- Once you feel comfortable with the material, going to the library with a study group during exam week can help make your knowledge even stronger. However, studying with a group before you’re confident with the material can be overwhelming and stressful.