Credit: Christina Taxiarchis

Junior Ava Tang dresses in New Balance, Levi’s and “thrifted” clothing. Tang’s favorite piece of clothing to dress in are sweaters. “I think there [are] a lot of different patterns you can find or different bright colors with different fabrics and stuff,” Tang said

Ava Tang

Name: Ava Tang

Grade: Junior

Favorite store:

“Savers because there [are] a lot of options and everything there is either vintage, you can’t find it at a different store, and everything there is one of a kind.”

Online shopping or in-store?

“I prefer in-store because I think in person I can see the clothes better with different outfits, and imagining how it would go with different pieces.”

Fashion icon:

“I don’t have a specific fashion icon, but I like taking inspiration from old shows like Friends or That 70’s Show.”

Outfit:

“My whole outfit is thrifted, but my shoes are New Balance and my jeans are Levi’s.”

Favorite season:

“I like shopping for winter because I really like big sweaters and jeans.”

Design time:

“I choose my outfits in the morning [because] I can’t think ahead enough [at] night, and I like the fun in the morning.”

Favorite article of clothing:

“Sweaters [because] I think there [are] a lot of different patterns you can find or different bright colors with different fabrics and stuff.”

Style word:

“Different.”

Fashion-challenged advice:

“Be unique.”

$210
$1500