Ava Tang

Junior Ava Tang dresses in New Balance, Levi's and

Junior Ava Tang dresses in New Balance, Levi's and "thrifted" clothing. Tang's favorite piece of clothing to dress in are sweaters. "I think there [are] a lot of different patterns you can find or different bright colors with different fabrics and stuff,” Tang said

Credit: Christina Taxiarchis

Credit: Christina Taxiarchis

Credit: Christina Taxiarchis

Ava Tang

Name: Ava Tang

Grade: Junior

Favorite store:

“Savers because there [are] a lot of options and everything there is either vintage, you can’t find it at a different store, and everything there is one of a kind.”

Online shopping or in-store?

“I prefer in-store because I think in person I can see the clothes better with different outfits, and imagining how it would go with different pieces.”

Fashion icon:

“I don’t have a specific fashion icon, but I like taking inspiration from old shows like Friends or That 70’s Show.”

Outfit:

“My whole outfit is thrifted, but my shoes are New Balance and my jeans are Levi’s.”

Favorite season:

“I like shopping for winter because I really like big sweaters and jeans.”

Design time:

“I choose my outfits in the morning [because] I can’t think ahead enough [at] night, and I like the fun in the morning.”

Favorite article of clothing:

“Sweaters [because] I think there [are] a lot of different patterns you can find or different bright colors with different fabrics and stuff.”

Style word:

“Different.”

Fashion-challenged advice:

“Be unique.”