ICYMI: June 10 - The Class of 2024s graduation, volleyball state championship and Junes Fashionista of the Month
ICYMI: June 10 - The Class of 2024's graduation, volleyball state championship and June's Fashionista of the Month
June 17, 2024

Breaking News: Wayland School Committee reappoints David Fleishman as interim superintendent

The+Wayland+School+Committee+announces+Acting+Superintendent+David+Fleishman+as+the+interim+superindent+for+the+2024-2025+school+year.+
Credit: Aimee Smith
The Wayland School Committee announces Acting Superintendent David Fleishman as the interim superindent for the 2024-2025 school year.

On Tuesday, Oct. 24, the Wayland School Committee held a meeting over Zoom to discuss the acting superintendent position for the 2024-2025 school year. All School Committee members were in attendance, except for member Ellen Grieco.

At approximately 5:10 p.m., the School Committee members entered an executive session and returned to the open session at approximately 5:44 p.m.. Once all members returned, Chair Erin Gibbons announced the School Committee’s decision to enter another year with Acting Superintendent David Fleishman as interim superintendent.

“[This decision is] going to permit us to have continued stability in the district,” Gibbons said. “[The School Committee] is looking forward to pulling together a robust and thorough search for a permanent superintendent.”

This article is a developing story that is subject to updates.

$235
$1500

Nadya Chase
Nadya Chase, Co-Editor-in-Chief
Nadya Chase, Class of 2024, is a third year reporter and a co-editor-in-chief for WSPN. Inside of school, she is the secretary of National Honor Society. Outside of school, she enjoys karate, reading, walking her dogs and spending time with family and friends. Contact: [email protected]
Aimee Smith
Aimee Smith, Business Managing Editor
Aimee Smith, Class of 2024, is a third year reporter and the Business Managing Editor for WSPN. In her free time, she enjoys reading, baking and spending time with friends. Contact: [email protected]
$235
$1500

• W

WHS parentOct 24, 2023 at 9:41 PM

Keep up the local news reporting. Great job!