AP Art students cap off their senior year

Join WSPN reporter Mischa Lee as she showcases four seniors AP artwork.
Join WSPN reporter Mischa Lee as she showcases four seniors’ AP artwork.
Credit: Melina Barris
Senior CC Haddad

What does art mean to you?
I’ve been doing art since I was little, and it’s just a good creative outlet for me.
How do you get inspired?
This year my portfolio was inspired a lot by my family. Most of my pieces were based off of old family photos of my siblings and I.
What is your favorite part about art and why do you like it?
I really like art because there are so many different mediums to choose from and it’s so fun to explore new types of art.

Senior Emma Li

What does art mean to you?
Art is a beautiful way to capture all aspects of life.

How do you get inspired?
I get inspired from anything honestly, in the things I learn at school, in one split-second memory or when I take the time to think.

My favorite part about art is the fact that I can create anything and add subtle meaning to it.

Senior Ava Renneker

What does art mean to you?
For me, art is a creative outlet that can help me express myself. Since art is so versatile, you have the freedom to create whatever you want, whenever you want.

How do you get inspired?
I get inspired by looking at what other people are doing on social media like TikTok and Pinterest, and also from just the things that are present in my life. For my AP pieces specifically, I used mostly just old pictures of my family that I found while flipping through family picture albums.

I like art because it distracts me from everything else going on in my life. Being able to go to art class during high school was a helpful “break” from the rest of my academic classes and it helped me get away from the stress I had from tests and homework.

Senior Anastasia Vavrick

What does art mean to you?
Art is a way for me to express my thoughts and emotions in a medium that I enjoy doing. I like that with art, I have no restrictions and can create and experiment however I want.

How do you get inspired?
Since the theme for my AP Art portfolio focused on growing up as a girl, my own personal experiences helped inspire me.

I like art because it’s peaceful and helps me relieve stress. I’ve always enjoyed making art, and it can help me relax during busy or stressful days. I really liked taking AP Art because I was able to choose my own theme and express myself freely.