Tri-M Music Honor Society to host trunk or treat
Credit: Alyssa Ao

WHS Tri-M Music Honor Society is hosting their annual Trunk or Treat event in the WHS commons on Oct. 23 from 5 to 7 p.m. This event is primarily for elementary school aged children and the entry fee is $5 at the door. All kids attending the Trunk or Treat event are encouraged to wear their halloween costumes.

Tri-M Music Honors Society is a national organization across high schools that recognizes student musicians for their achievement in the arts, academics and community service. The organization was added into WHS in 1952.

“The process has been a little bit chaotic because there have been so many things to organize,” senior and President of Tri-M Joshua Nuspl said. “We have to find out what we need and get so many people to perform. Then we have to make sure people know the Trunk or Treat is happening. Although we have a really good board of [students as] Tri-M officers.”

During Trunk or Treat, kids will be participating in a scavenger hunt. Once they complete the scavenger hunt they will receive a prize. There will also be six stations set up for kids to answer riddles and receive candy.

“I’m excited to meet kids and tell them about why they should do Tri-M,” Tri-M member Arya Samaratunga said. “It’s so fun and you get to meet so many cool people and experience so many cool opportunities.”

Musicians in Tri-M will be performing a variety of songs during the event for parents and kids. WHS students of the National Art Honors Society (NAHS) will be in attendance to apply face paint to kid’s faces.

“I think it’s a really fun community event,” orchestra teacher Susan Memoli said. “So in general, it’s just fun and fun is a great thing to be part of. But I think more specifically, our members [of Tri-M] will be performing and people in the community will be able to hear [a] high level of music performed live In front of them and being able to wear your costume more than once is really exciting when you’re a little kid.”

$85
$1500

$85
$1500