ICYMI: June 10 - The Class of 2024s graduation, volleyball state championship and Junes Fashionista of the Month
ICYMI: June 10 - The Class of 2024's graduation, volleyball state championship and June's Fashionista of the Month
June 17, 2024

ICYMI: Week of May 6 – AP testing takes place at WHS, Mother’s Day gift ideas and college campuses face protests

Credit: Alyssa Ao

In the weekly series, “In Case You Missed It,” News Editor Marissa Mendoza summarizes stories from the past week with links to the corresponding WSPN article.

News:
Editor Marissa Mendoza and Staff Reporter Selena Liu briefed on AP testing taking place at WHS. Staff Reporter Sophia Verma broke down the protests happening on college campuses. Staff Reporter Torryn Carlson broke down Hollywood producer Harvey Weinstein’s conviction being overturned.

Features:
WSPN’s Olivia Green and Staff Reporters Fiona Peltonen, Maggie Buffum and Ainsley Jay wrote about former NBA player Chris Herren, who spoke about substance abuse at WHS. WSPN’s Jeffery Zhang and Staff Reporter Tina Su wrote a sequel to the Lehmanns’ love story.

Sports:
Editor Chloe Zilembo recapped the Wayland Girls Lacrosse game against Cambridge Rindge and Latin.

Opinion:
Co-Editor-in-Chief Reva Datar and Zhang shared their opinions on the first digital Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT). WSPN’s Ryan Chase wrote about how TikTok shapes teens’ personal opinions. WSPN’s Carolina Sdoia and Elyssa Grillo and Staff Reporters Bowen Morrison and Jessi Dretler discuss the stresses of junior year in high school.

A&E:
Dretler and Grillo debriefed and rated the new horror film, “Abigail.” WSPN’s Jane Tardif and Melina Barris produced an infographic for Mother’s Day gift ideas.

Multimedia:
Grillo photographed the girls tennis team win against Bedford at a home game. Co-Editor-in-Chief Sasha Libenzon and editor Sofia Ciciarelli produce a gallery on the boys lacrosse team’s loss to Natick. Ciciarelli and Mendoza photographed WHS’ final choir concert of the year.

Podcast:
Grillo, Dretler and Verma review Taylor Swift’s recent album, “The Tortured Poets Department.” Staff Reporter Abby Raftery, Verma and Tardif broke down Wayland’s news in Weekly Breakdown Episode 84. Verma reviewed the horror film, “The First Omen.” Staff Reporter Jillian Mele, Tardif and Barris review the ice cream shop, Dairy Joy.