WSPN goes clubbing: Crochet Club

Credit: Maeve Moran
Join WSPN’s Annika Martins and Jenny Shine as they interview one of Crochet Club Leaders Maeve Moran.

In the seventh edition of WSPN goes clubbing, reporters Annika Martins and Jenny Shine interview Crochet Club co-leader Maeve Moran.

What is the Crochet Club?

“Crochet Club is a club where me and the other leaders teach people how to crochet and [teach people] new skills that they don’t already know for crochet. You can come if you’re experienced or not experienced, and it’s a really great time.”

How did this club begin?

“I really love to crochet and whenever I tell other people that I like to crochet, they ask me to teach them, so I was thinking that it would be a good idea to start a club for people to learn.”

Why should someone join the club?

“It’s a really fun way to start your Wednesday morning, it’s a great way to learn how to crochet and it’s really relaxing. It can be very therapeutic and it’s a great way to spend your time. On the first meeting of every month, we bring munchkins to the club meeting.”

What are meetings like and how often are they?

“Our meetings are every Wednesday at 8 a.m. until school starts, so they’re about half an hour long. They’re really fun and really chill. People come and they can bring projects that they’re already working on or learn new projects. It’s a great time.”

What is one goal that you have for the club this year?

“I want to just help everyone improve their crochet skills and to be able to get better. Especially for the beginners who have never [done] crochet before to teach them to make something that they’ve been wanting to make.”