Usher’s Super Bowl halftime show summary

Join+WSPNs+Bowen+Morrison+as+he+discusses+Ushers+Super+Bowl+Halftime+Show+performance.+
Credit: Flickr
Join WSPN’s Bowen Morrison as he discusses Usher’s Super Bowl Halftime Show performance.

On Feb. 11, the Kansas City Chiefs played against the San Francisco 49ers in Super Bowl LVIII.  Some viewers favorite part of the event is the game while others look forward to its halftime show. Usher headlined the halftime show, and was accompanied by Alicia Keys, H.E.R, will.i.am, Ludacris and Lil Jon.

Usher kicked off the halftime show with one of his most popular songs, “My Way,” which he crafted in 1997. Throughout the song, the camera followed Usher through the field, while panning to his background dancers and the audience. This song was a fantastic way to start off the halftime show.

After a brief interlude in which Usher thanked God and shouted out his mother, he transitioned into “Love in this Club,” his hit song off his 2008 album “Here I Stand.” While Usher was on stage with his backup dancers, a live band played the instrumental from below. While using his vocals, Usher made sure to show off his smooth dance moves as well.

When “Love in this Club” ended, the crowd was able to hear a faint piano. The camera then zommed into a small stage where Alicia Keys was playing the piano while wearing a flamboyant red dress. Alicia Keys plays the song “If I Ain’t Got You” and is soon joined by Usher.

When the song ended, a snare drum suddenly kicked in. Usher and Alicia sing a duet to “My Boo,”which was released in 2004. This song features both of the artists.

After the close of the fourth song, Usher was by himself on stage again. A crowd of fans jumped around and shined their flashlights from below the stage. The digital effects while Usher was on stage showed an inferno which went with the theme of the song he was preforming, “Burn.”

Following the performance of “Burn,” the stage lights turn purple and Usher dances and sings “U got it bad” from his 2001 album, “8701.” While dancing on stage, smoke started to fill the stage.

Coming from out of the smoke, H.E.R. appeared with a red electric guitar. She walked around the outskirts of the stage while backup dancers on roller skates joined. The song transitioned into Usher’s “Bad Girl.”.

During the intro to “OMG” featuring will.i.am, the speakers played a brief audio clip of Drake’s “Jumpman” and Lil Uzi Vert’s “Just Wanna Rock.” Usher, wearing a completely different outfit, accompanied his dancers, roller skate around the edge of the stage.

After the eighth song, t“Turn down for what” by Lil Jon was preformed.  Even viewers at home could see the live crowd jumping on the field.

“Yeah,” Usher’s hit single featuring Lil Jon played as the final number. On stage, Usher was among his backup dancers while he and Lil Jon danced. The camera switched to Ludacris who slowly walked up on stage wearing football pads. Once again, a live band played the beat from below the stage. The halftime show closed off with everyone who was a part of the performance on stage all dancing together.